Happy World Kindness Day!! For those of you who don't know, World Kindness Day is a day to spread the love by helping out a stranger, a friend, or family member! What better way to celebrate World Kindness Day than with some random acts of kindness!? That's right, there is no better way! We wanted to celebrate by sharing YOUR suggestions! Check out the different random acts of kindness that you have done for someone OR that a random stranger has done for you!
Helping a stranger
We see strangers alllllll over the place, so why not spread the gift of joy and brighten up a stranger's day? And there are sooooo many ways to do so! Your top 3 ways to help out a stranger are:
- Buy a stranger's next meal - Whether it's someone in line behind you at the drive-thru, or a homeless person...We've all gotta eat!
- Be nice to the new kid - We've all been the shy new kid somewhere, be it at school or even in Woozworld, so why not introduce yourself!
- Hold the door open - There's nothing worse than having a door slam in your face when your hands are full! If you see someone heading towards the door, hold it open for them.
Help a local business
Right now, local businesses need help more than ever! You don't have to go all out and run the business, but little acts of kindness go a long way! Your top 3 ways to help out a local business are:
- Put misplaced items back - If you see some frozen peas, or even some bread in the wrong place, be a doll and put it back where it belongs.
- Volunteer - Spend an afternoon helping deliver some groceries to those that aren't able to make it to the stores these days...like we said, we've all gotta eat!
- Share the menu - Got a resto that you looooove? Why not snap a pic of the menu and share it with all of your friends on Insta? Don't forget to tag the restaurant!
Running low on donation money, don't sweat it! There are plenty of other things that you can donate that will help others and bring a smile to their face! Your top 3 things to donate are:
- Blood - Donating blood is one of the kindest things you can do for a stranger! By donating blood just once, you could save the lives of 3 people!
- Clothing - Get into the Marie Condo mood and get rid of those clothes you don't wear anymore....One person's trash is another person's treasure, after all.
- Time - Donating your sweet and valuable time can really help out another person with a tough task that may require a ton of people. Could you imagine moving all by yourself? Not so easy.
Help a friend/family member
Maybe you haven't been able to hang out with all of your friends that you've wanted to over the last few months, but don't let that stop you from reaching out and brightening their day! Your top 3 ways to help out a friend or family member are:
- Compliment them - Be it on Zoom or in person, always remember to compliment your friends and fam...because a compliment goes a long way!
- Listen - If your friend has a tough problem and you're not great at giving advice, just listen. Sometimes people just need to talk their feelings out.
- Give them a gift - If you see something that a friend of family member of yours would LOVE, why not buy it for them? Sure, it's not their birthday, but who doesn't love gifts?
And there you have it, Woozens...YOUR top random acts of kindness!
What random act of kindness have you done to help someone out today? Let us know in the comments!