You may remember that we recently asked you to send us some of your FAVE fun facts! Boy, OH, BOY, did you deliver! We got sooooo many fun facts...and we learnt a lot! Check out some of the best fun facts that you've taught us!
- Crows holds grudges
- Cotton candy was invented by a dentist
- 25% of an adult human's bones are in the feet
- Newborns cannot shed tears
- There is an immortal jellyfish called Turritopsis dohnmii
- Strawberries, blackberries, mulberries, and raspberries are not berries at all, but bananas, pumpkins, avocados and cucumbers are
- When you search "Askew" in Google, the page is slightly tilted
- Orcas, also known as killer whales, are not whales, they are dolphins. The largest species of dolphin
- Salt was used as currency. The term "salary" is derived from the Latin term "salarium", which means "salt money"
- An orange tabby cat was the mayor of a small Alaskan town. His name was Stubbs. He was mayor from 1997-2017
- You cannot talk while breathing in
- Cranberries bounce like a ball when they are ripe due to a small pocket of air inside of the fruit
- Cats have 32 muscles in each ear
- It is impossible to hum while holding your nose
- Gummy bears were originally called "Dancing Bears"
- There are more plastic garden flamingos in the world than real flamingos
- It actually snows on Mars. Although it never reaches the ground, snow does fall within its atmosphere
- The heads on Easter Island have bodies
- Hot water will turn into ice faster than cold water
- People used to say "prunes" instead of "cheese" when having their picture taken
- There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach in the world
- A lightning bolt is hotter than the sun
- The number four is the only number to have the same amount of letters as its value
- Humans don't have 5 fingers in their hands. They only have 4 finger and 1 thumb. The thumb isn't considered a finger because it has less joints than fingers
- It is physically impossible for a pig to look up in the sky
- Eggplants are named as such because when they are young they look like an egg
- Blue is the rarest colour to naturally occur in nature
- Over 28,000 rubber ducks were lost a sea in 1992 and are still being discovered today
- A snail can sleep for three years
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open
- A cockroach can survive for a week without its head
- In the 1800's ketchup was sold as medicine called "tomato pills"
- Every opposite side of a dice equals 7
- "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss only uses 50 words in the entire book, and they are all different
- The average weight of the really fluffy-looking clouds, cumulus clouds, is about 1.1 million pounds
- The voice actors who voiced Mickey and Minnie Mouse were married in real life
- Male seahorses are the ones who give birth, not the female ones
- A koala's fingerprints can be mistaken for a human's fingerprints as they are very indistinguishable
- Manatees let out constant farts to help them float
- You have to pretend to fall asleep before you actually can
You still there...Or are you still trying to hum while holding your nose?
Let us know which fun fact was your fave in the comments!